What's in a name? 12:15 AM - The Things I Like



People have asked me about the URL for this blog - What is 1215AM? To put it quite simply, 12.15 is my birthday and it also is the time of the day that when most people are sleeping, I am still awake. So in a sense, it has dual significance.

Sometimes I am working, sending emails to China, customers, etc...and sometimes I am just browsing the Net or editing my photographs.

One of the tough things about the line of work that I am in (really, the fashion industry is not nearly as glamorous as people think it is), is that I am communicating with people literally ALL the time. Each night before going to bed, I always check and respond to emails as our factories in China are hitting their mid-day stride and if I were to wait, a day goes wasted. I also need to catch our suppliers in Italy as they will be arriving into their offices shortly and we all know the Europeans - give them a reason to be late or to dilly-dally, and they will. Not a knock against the Europeans, but that is just the way they are. They aren't like the Americans where we live and die by our jobs. Perhaps this is the better way; I don't know. Unfortunately I do not know any different.

In the future, I hope to post a lot more on this blog and write about my work, and of course as the title of this blog says - The Things I Like.

No comments: