Bar Stuzzichini - You just need to order right



I went out to dinner last night at Bar Stuzzichini with Sarah and Liz.

The food was generally good. My pasta - Orecchiette e Cavolfiore was a nice and different take on a typical pasta dish. Gone was the typical tomato based sauce with some meat added in and in was a light feeling yet rich tasting sauce with Cauliflower. Cauliflower = awesomeness (said in the voice of Neil Patrick Harris as Barney Stinson).

I've got to say though, that I was generally underwhelmed by our appetizers. I think we just ordered totally wrong though because the couple at the table right next to us got the tapas style appetizers too, but their spread was WAY better. They got this big plate of prosciutto and a giant bowl of clams in addition to the fried risotto balls that we also ordered. Us - we got a small plate with one teeny octopus tentacle, three little rolled eggplant pieces, and four pieces of grilled zucchini that just wasn't that satisfying.

Would I go back again? YES, but only to redo my appetizer order to try to reduce my cost basis from my dinner last night. You know, to average out my sucky ordering from last night with some better ordering like the table next to us. And I'd probably switch up my entrée just for kicks.

WHAT WE ATE
Starters:
- Zucchine alla Scapece (Grilled Zucchini)
- Polpo (Grilled Marinated Octopus)
- Arancini (Fried Risotto cooked in a Chicken Broth reduction)
- Involtini (Eggplant stuffed with Ricotta)
- Carciofi (Fried Artichoke)

Main:
- Me: Orecchiette e Cavolfiore (Ear shaped pasta in a Cauliflower sauce with Breadcrumbs)
- Liz: Gnocchi all’Amatriciana (Potato dumplings in a light tomato and meat sauce)
- Sarah: Parmigiana di Melanzane (Eggplant with Tomato and Peccorino)

1 comment:

Travel the World with Me said...

your picture is broken. I want to see what you ate.